Welcome to the LipidQA Analysis website. We are glad you dropped by!
This site provides the ability to submit mass spectrometer analysis files and
have them analyzed.
How to use it
If you have not been here before, the first thing you need to do is to create an
account. Please note that we are not using encrypted HTTP, nor are we
encrypting data sent to us on our servers. Please take care not to submit
any human patient identifiable data for processing. Any data sent should
be completely de-identified prior to submission. This also includes
usernames and passwords!
Once you have created an account and logged in (or logged in with a previously created account), you will be able to view any analyses that have already been submitted and run.
Submitting an analysis step-by-step.
The website will guide you through the process, but it distills down to the
- Log into the system (either create a new account or use an existing account) using the links in the upper right corner
- Select the Analysis tab under the title.
- Fill out the displayed form with analysis parameters, upload files, then click "Submit"
- Selecting the analysis type will present the analysis parameters appropriate for that analysis.
- Supported file types: mzXML and Finnigan "RAW" (files are automatically converted to mzXML during the analysis process).
- When the job completes result files
will be shown.
- Job completion time can be as soon as 10-20 seconds or as long as 15 minutes.
- A 35MB mzXML file completed in 20s
- A 350MB mzXML file took 2-4 minutes.
- The "Results" page will show all results from all analyses you have run (newest first). To improve performance, only the first 200 lines of the file will be showin online. A download button is provided allowing you to download the file and view as a text file (ie. Notepad, Wordpad, MS Word, etc...).