To use the LipidQA site to search your dataset, the process is pretty straightforward. You just need to do the following:
- Log into the website (or use the “Guest” account). You can link to it using the “Log in/out” link on the page (circled below) or follow this link:
- Enter your and password if you already have an account, or hit “Register” to create a new account using your e-mail address.
- You will be automatically taken to the “Submit New Analysis” page. Enter a description and adjust any parameters as you see fit.
- Towards the bottom of the screen, there is an area to drag files into to upload them. Alternatively, you can click the “Select File” button to select the files you would like to upload.
- Once your list of files is complete, click the green “Upload and Start” button. The files will be uploaded and the search will be automatically started, and you will be taken to a page to monitor the progress of the search.
- Depending upon the file types, size, and other factors, the analysis will take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. Whenever possible, progress will be displayed but in some cases progress is not available (such as using msconvert to convert files to mzXML).
- When the analysis is finished, you will be automatically taken to the results page with the results from this search displayed.
- On this page, the analyses are shown in the top left panel. Selecting one of these will load a list of output files from this search into the upper right panel.
- Selecting an output file will cause the first 200 lines to be displayed in the bottom panel. There is also a “download” button that will allow you to download the entire file.
That’s it! Happy searching!